I was quite sure that this wont work, but we have been forced to try.. Not that much..
Normally the LAN is got over FTP and UTP cables, aka the twisted ones.. Yeah, the twisted wires.. Or even twisted pairs of twisted wires.. Cat6e has 6 twists per inch..
But using old 12 x 1.5mm² AC mains cable with no twists which is 20 to 30 meters long, is under ground and dated to late 70′s or 80′s must fail..or..?
why this could work?
1st: i used only 10Mb/s mode
2nd: we were totally lucky
Last month i have been asked to code program to my work..
It took huge amounts of time.. but.. it was fun to hack Windoze
what does it do:
- after starting Win7 and login to username the desktop is not showed & our IS is started and held fullscreen
- checks for our IS running, if its shutdown by user our app asks for pass or restarts it
- hotkey to invoke our login / logout to system with timeout of 10min to login again
- while user is logged in an unmovable & switchable window shows rest of time until next login window appears
- checks for instances of web browsers (IE, Opera, Chrome, Mozilla) and asks for pass to our login or quits them
- checks for instances of autoruns etc. and kills them so absolutely no way computer can be penetrated from local user
- switching keyboard language via hotkey or automated because our IS needs EN keyset
- is able to disable itself while certain user is logged in Win7 and enable again at logout
- verbose logging to both local and remote files over network
- ability to control TeamViewer QuickSupport executable and send its login over network (dropped due to uncommon / unknown licensing until it gets clear)
- overlay debugging window via hotkey
recent version 18.104.22.168 source code has size of ~30kB
..Windows may look quite good in chart, but the gears was choppy and had huge tearing.. Linux based systems performed smooth with no vsync.. Nouveau driver has kinda slow 3D yet..
I like to make OS pretty in every installation, so after moving my Vaio netbook to MANJARO i copied and selected my fav cursor theme – win8.