..as i sometimes do run out of memory on my arduino projects i did search for some other options than reducing amounts of data used..
For example in my recent project with display a display buffer does eat 1024 bytes of 2048 bytes total so there is not much SRAM to work with for the rest of the sketch..
23LCV512-I/P 64kx8bit SRAM 20MHz SPI
IP12B256I-TU 32kx8bit SRAM 20MHz SPI
IP12B512C-TU 64kx8bit SRAM 20MHz SPI
read/write operations with modified library
read/write simpler way directly from sktech, without library
update 29/3/2017: ICs ARRIVED!
..i wanted small portable oscilloscope for many years..
..found some parts, made some code.. and.. voila 😀
- based on Arduino, runs on all with 2kB SRAM or more
- uses own modified Adafruit lib
- own custom made menu with animations
- can save values on SD
- can send values over serial
- serial monitor reacts to cls commands +can save output to SD
- lots of options to set
- tons of other batshit u will luv
- single scope
- dual scope
- time collect
- 1 to 8 channel bar meter
- advanced serial monitor
* still under development, current version is 0.99-2
* complete package with libs for download will be here soon.
Friend who has a shop called me that his computer used as cash register has a black screen.. a PSU in oldish office computer have failed and been replaced by proper unit 😀
Worse thing is that i’m not able to fix the original one..
update 2/2017: the duct-taped PSU is still on top of the machine..
I was quite sure that this wont work, but we have been forced to try.. Not that much.. 😛
Normally the LAN is got over FTP and UTP cables, aka the twisted ones.. Yeah, the twisted wires.. Or even twisted pairs of twisted wires.. Cat6e has 6 twists per inch..
But using old 12 x 1.5mm² AC mains cable with no twists which is 20 to 30 meters long, is under ground and dated to late 70’s or 80’s must fail..or..?
why this could work?
1st: i used only 10Mb/s mode
2nd: we were totally lucky
update 2/2017: i will be finishing this project soon!
Last month i have been asked to code program to my work..
It took huge amounts of time.. but.. it was fun to hack Windoze 😀
what does it do:
- after starting Win7 and login to username the desktop is not showed & our IS is started and held fullscreen
- checks for our IS running, if its shutdown by user our app asks for pass or restarts it
- hotkey to invoke our login / logout to system with timeout of 10min to login again
- while user is logged in an unmovable & switchable window shows rest of time until next login window appears
- checks for instances of web browsers (IE, Opera, Chrome, Mozilla) and asks for pass to our login or quits them
- checks for instances of autoruns etc. and kills them so absolutely no way computer can be penetrated from local user
- switching keyboard language via hotkey or automated because our IS needs EN keyset
- is able to disable itself while certain user is logged in Win7 and enable again at logout
- verbose logging to both local and remote files over network
- ability to control TeamViewer QuickSupport executable and send its login over network (dropped due to uncommon / unknown licensing until it gets clear)
- overlay debugging window via hotkey
recent version 18.104.22.168 source code has size of ~30kB
..Windows may look quite good in chart, but gears were choppy and had huge tearing.. Linux based systems performed smooth with no vsync.. Nouveau driver has kinda slow 3D yet..
Some time ago i did notice Cinnamon went down with its performance on my main machine.. My fav DE became slow and lazy, also Firefox felt choppy even on text pages..
So i did test Firefox’s performance in Linux MINT 17.2 Cinnamon i am using as i dont like how it works on quad core against few other distros and Windows 7 64bit as well..
Test used: Peacekeeper
YEAH, DE MAKES SO BIG DIFFERENCE..
Look on gamingSpitfire web game.. XFCE has +100% performance even with Nouveau driver compared to NVidia with Cinnamon.. Its time to replace the spices..
Also, the fact that windows is not on top is warming many hearts including mine..
Its even worse than i thought..
Windows has only ~50% performance of Linux in tests using strings and DOM..
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
I like to make OS pretty in every installation, so after moving my Vaio netbook to MANJARO i copied and selected my fav cursor theme – win8.
BUT..after reboot i was quite dissapointed as i thought that Arch is rock solid base and almost bug free..LOL.. The default cursor theme appeared again either after reboot and logout, but when i moved mouse over Firefox, my selected theme appeared.. ROFL? 😀